Strictly Come Dancing: Dan Walker revealed as eighth celebrity
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Dan Walker, 44, was unveiled as the eighth Strictly Come Dancing contestant earlier this week, which left viewers and his co-stars stunned. The line-up has since been completed and preparations are currently underway ahead of the new series.
Since the news was announced, the BBC Breakfast host has been sharing his thoughts about the process on social media.
On Friday, one fan wrote on Twitter: “Well having weighed up all the @bbcstrictly contestants I have narrowed my favourites down to two, @RoseAylingEllis is my lady and @mrdanwalker is my man.
“Hope to see you both in the final, you’ll both be getting my votes this year.”
In view of his 722,000 followers, he replied: “Thank you. That is putting the pressure on.”
Dan has also made a humorous plan with his fellow competitor Nina Wadia.
In response to a video of the actress being revealed, the BBC star wrote: “This is all feeling a bit too real now.”
Nina, 52, agreed and said she had been “freaking out” about the competition.
The father-of-three went on to joke that he had thought about going “into hiding” ahead of the show.
The ex EastEnders star liked the idea and joked she knew of some caves in Wales where they could hide.
“I’m up for that. Let’s both disappear on launch night,” Dan replied with crying with laughter emojis.
“I’ll bring some tinned pineapple. We can hang tight until Christmas.”
Nina joked she wanted to go into hiding sooner, to which he went along with.
Demi Rose puts on eye-popping display as she flaunts her assets [PICTURED]
Dr Zoe Williams breaks silence on Eamonn Holmes’ ‘racist’ comment [REACTION]
Ulrika Jonsson, 53, teases fans with ‘slip’ in racy bed snap [INSTAGRAM]
Dan was announced as a contestant on the show during his break from BBC Breakfast.
At first, his long-term co-star Louise Minchin jokingly expressed her fury as she revealed she had no idea he had signed up.
He went on to apologise and said he had only told his three children Susanna, Chuck and Jessica last weekend.
“They’re not happy with me either,” he laughed.
On how he thinks he will do in the show, the presenter said he won’t be making any room for a Glitterball trophy at home.
He went on to discuss the range of comments he had received from his children about his upcoming stint.
He spilled: “One said, ‘Oh this is exciting’ which immediately came with, ‘Don’t dance with your mouth open’.
“Another one said, ‘Don’t go over the top with a spray tan’ and the third one said, ‘Don’t go out on week one’.
“That’s the sort of support I’m getting from my children at the moment,” he laughed.
The ex Football Focus presenter added that his wife Sarah doesn’t believe he’ll last longer than four weeks.
Source: Read Full Article