Meghan and Harry need ‘to stop contradicting’ themselves and work on substance, expert says

Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox

Having spent most of their time in lockdown since moving to the US, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's next move in their bid to 'find freedom' is hotly anticipated.

And according to former newspaper editor Martin Townsend, who first broke the news that Harry and Meghan were dating, pressure is now mounting on the self-exiled royal couple to "power up" and get their intentions in order.

"If they are going to do something, they need to put their mouth where their money is," he told the Telegraph.

"So far we've had a load of word salad: 'let's all live in peace in harmony' while on the other hand waging war on the Royal family, which has struck many as contradictory.

"It's time for them to put all that behind them and work on content rather than conjecture. Their 40 to 50 era has to be one of substance rather than gloss," he continued.

"If there's a definitive Harry and Meghan guide to how to live your life, they better start writing it, and fast."

Meanwhile, Emmy awards bosses want the couple to make their Hollywood red carpet debut at the ceremony next month.

TV execs are reportedly keen for the pair to attend the A-list event in downtown LA and may even try to persuade Harry and his wife to present an award, insiders say.

It comes with chat show queen Oprah Winfrey the clear bookies' favourite to take home the award for Outstanding Hosted Nonfiction Series or Special Emmy for her bombshell interview with the royal outsiders.

It is not yet known whether Harry and Meghan, who gave birth to the couple's second child, daughter Lilibet, in June, will attend.

The main ceremony is being held on September 19 and will be hosted by American actor and comedian Cedric the Entertainer.

Since moving to the US, it appears companies cannot get enough of Meghan, who turned 40 today.

She and Harry have amassed a fortune in the past year, signing a reported £100 million deal with Netflix, a £30 million deal with Spotify and rumours of a four-book £25 million deal for Harry.

Despite their popularity waning in the UK, both are still revered by millions around the world.

Leading American public relations boss Ronn Torossian, CEO of 5WPR, told the Daily Mirror: "Since dropping their royal titles, we've seen Meghan and Harry's fame rise in the US, especially Meghan, who has taken on deals with Disney as well as investing in a vegan coffee brand.

"I'm confident countless opportunities have been pitched to her so far and that she has been strategic about the partnerships she has chosen.

"The main theme in their deals will continue to be family-friendly and purpose-driven causes, so [they] can keep up with their demure appearance.

"In terms of on-brand industries for Meghan, there are opportunities to endorse technologies geared towards early childhood development. In addition, non-profits focusing on early childhood education and scholarship programmes.

"When it comes to luxury brands, I believe Meghan will avoid anything too overtly expensive.. it's off-brand for the couple who have worked at their image of constructing a simple family life.

"There are still many more millions available in speaking opportunities, brand ambassador deals, book deals and production deals.

"Meghan [and Harry] have an iron-clad brand that isn't slowing down anytime soon."

For all the latest news on the Royal Family and much more, sign up to OK!'s daily newsletter.

Source: Read Full Article