WITH scorching weather and lower Covid risks outdoors, now is a good time to barbecue.
And a growing number of us are replacing fatty burgers with fish and lean meat. Here, we trial other healthy BBQ food, while our beauty expert tests the best shower treats.
with Jane Atkinson
- Moving Mountains’ “Bleeding” Burger, £4.50 and 270cal per 100g from movingmountainsfoods.com – buy now
MOVING Mountains’ “Bleeding” Burger came about after 300 prototypes were made during three years of tests by experts.
It’s created from 100 per cent natural plant-based ingredients and has zero cholesterol.
The “blood” is actually beetroot and it’s a great alternative to meat.
- Holy Moly Guacamole, £3.50 and 132cal per 100g from tesco.com – buy now
HOLY Moly has a “health-centric” guacamole which is free from dairy, preservatives, additives and gluten.
It’s also kosher, suitable for vegans and has no added sugar.
A tub contains vitamins B & E, iron, potassium and monounsaturated fats, which can help against heart disease and lower blood pressure.
- Mash Direct Salad Pots, £1.50 and 109cal for 50g quarter pot from mashdirect.com – buy now
FIELD-to-fork brand Mash Direct has launched three gluten and dairy-free Salad Pots which are healthier options to accompany barbecues.
The mix of white cabbage, carrot and spring onion has no artificial flavours, colourings or preservatives. (£1.50, 109cal for 50g quarter pot, mashdirect.com)
with Gabriella Stein
- The White Company Pomegranate Bath & Shower Gel, £10.40, reduced from £13, for 250ml from thewhitecompany.com – buy now
This is a gentle cleanser for use as a body wash in the shower.
Alternatively, it can be used as a rich bath foam.
Formulated with pomegranate, mandarin and patchouli, it smells great and lathers up well using only a small amount.
Leaves skin with a gorgeous scent.
A fab price for a luxury product.
- Clarins Tonic Bath and Shower Concentrate, £18.45 for 200ml from escentual.com – buy now
A spa-quality body wash and bath soak in one to cleanse and tone skin.
It has an uplifting aroma of rosemary, mint and geranium.
Left my skin soft and hydrated and the wonderful smell lasts – definitely my favourite for everyday use.
- Elemis Fortitude Bath And Shower Elixir, £35 for 100ml from elemis.com – buy now
A luxury bath and shower oil to cleanse, nourish and fragrance your skin.
Contains 19 essential oils including geranium, cedarwood and ylang ylang.
The scent is calming and my skin was left soft after a bath. Can also be applied directly in the shower.
A luxurious, pampering treat.
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article