Meghan Markle latest news – Prince Harry & Duchess 'built an isolated world or themselves' by CUTTINIG OUT Royal Family

MEGHAN Markle has been mocked for reading her book, The Bench, by Australian TV hosts who took to poke fun at the Duchess on live television.

Meghan read her children's book The Bench on a children's YouTube story channel on Wednesday.

She took to her mansion garden in Montecito, California to film the clip.

However, Sunrise hosts Karl Stefanovic, Allison Langdon, and Alex Cullen did not seem impressed by the Duchess of Sussex as they could be heard laughing as they played the video.

Karl admitted he found it was "really hard to keep a straight face" while watching.

Read our Meghan Markle live blog for the latest updates…

  • Milica Cosic

    Keen to visit the UK for Xmas

    According to a new report, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry want to visit the UK this Christmas – so the Queen can finally meet baby Lilibet.

    The Duke of Sussex is understood to be feeling “helpless” at his LA home after his grandmother was admitted to hospital last week.

    And a source claims he is now preparing to return to the UK with Meghan, Archie and Lilibet within the coming weeks.

    The source told US Weekly that Harry went into “panic mode” and has been “checking in non-stop”.

    They alleged he “feels guilty about not saying goodbye” in person to Prince Philip, who died in April.

    “He would never forgive himself if the same thing happened with his beloved grandmother,” the source said.

  • Milica Cosic

    Baby name popularity

    New research has revealed that out of the members of the British Royal family, Isla and James are the most influential baby names – the most popular worldwide.

    • Louis is a more influential royal baby name than George.
    • Isla and James are the most popular royal-related baby names in the UK. 
    • Charlotte and Lucas are the second most popular baby names of the Royal family. 
    • Sienna, Zara, Jack and Archie all make the top ten lists also.
    • The name Meghan ranks as the least influential out of the Royal family names.

    This research was conducted by online gaming review expert CasinoSites.

    Duke of Sussex found a 'cause in life'

    Biographer Andrew Morton has claimed the Duke found a "cause in life" when he launched the Invictus Games for wounded servicemen and women in 2014.

    He continued: "He'd cleaned up his act, he'd gotten involved in the Invictus Games, he had found his cause in life.

    "He stuck to that, helping disabled, mentally injured soldiers and servicewomen to find themselves and I think that was something that helped him find himself."

    • Joseph Gamp

      Andrew will argue Virginia Giuffre doesn't have legal right to sue

      PRINCE Andrew was last night set to strike back against his sex assault accuser Virginia Giuffre by saying she doesn’t have the legal right to sue.

      Lawyers for the Duke of York will cite a clause in a 2009 settlement between Ms Giuffre, 38, and paedo billionaire Jeffrey Epstein.

      The secret agreement is said to release lawyers, employees, agents and heirs from liability in connection with the Epstein case – but Andrew is claiming it stretches to him too.

      The Sun understands his formal defence response, due to be filed at court in the US last night, will focus on that clause.

      The duke’s US lawyer Andrew Brettler said in a letter filed on Tuesday that he believes the agreement “releases Prince Andrew and others from any and all liability”.

      And at a hearing last month, Mr Brettler also said it absolves his client, adding that the lawsuit was “baseless, non-viable and potentially unlawful”.

    • Joseph Gamp

      Prince Andrew pulled from all Platinum Jubilee events

      PRINCE Andrew will be pulled from all Platinum Jubilee events after a US court set a deadline for the sex abuse case close to the Queen's 70-year celebrations.

      The Duke of York will not even appear with Her Majesty and senior royals on the Buckingham Palace balcony for an RAF flypast.

      Andrew, 61, who has stepped down from royal duties, will be kept away from all events next summer.

      A source said: "The plan is for him to be invisible during celebrations."

      Paedo Jeffrey Epstein's former sex slave Virginia Roberts Giuffre is suing the duke for sexual assault, including rape in the first degree, in 2001 when she was 17.

      Judge Lewis Kaplan has ruled, with the agreement of both parties, that disclosure — which includes Andrew testifying under oath — should be completed by July 14.

      That is only five weeks after the four-day national royal party.

      It also states that a pre-trial order is finished by July 28, 2022.

    • Joseph Gamp

      Queen's former press secretary says COP26 pull out is 'keeping her safe'

      Speaking on Good Morning Britain today, the Queen's former press secretary Dickie Arbiter said: "Given that there are reported to be 30,000 people pouring into Glasgow for this particular conference I think it's been the palace and her medical team being safer than sorry."

      He added: "There is concern that the infections will spike during the course of this COP26 conference. So they are keeping the Queen safe, keeping her safe in the bubble.

      "She will carry on working, as we saw her yesterday, doing her audiences with ambassadors, doing her red boxes. But I think taking her to COP26 is a step too far."

    • Joseph Gamp

      Forking out millions on Andrew

      The Firm came under fire when it was revealed the Queen is paying Andy’s legal fees from her Duchy of Lancaster income.

      Her Majesty has reportedly been forking out millions on her son’s legal battle since the start of 2020,  just after his disastrous interview on Newsnight with Emily Maitlis. 

      Andrew claimed he had “no recollection of ever meeting” Virginia and said of her claims: ”I can absolutely categorically tell you it never happened.”

      The 61-year-old also said he has no memory of the renowned photograph of him and Virginia with his arm around her waist.

    • Joseph Gamp

      ‘No doubt’ Queen will be ‘back when she feels ready’

      Palace officials will create engagements for the Queen based on how she is feeling and whether she needs to travel.

      It is understood that there will be an “ever greater collaboration” between senior members of the royal family on future engagements, reports The Mirror.

      A royal source told the publication: “The senior royals as a unit have collectively discussed a greater need for collaboration in their projects together, whether that is explicitly working on the same topic or supporting each other on an ad-hoc basis, different plans will be drawn up to the ones that currently exist.

      “After the coronavirus restrictions have ended they all feel the need to get out and do more.

      “The Queen is aware of the need to rest and that is what she is doing now.

      “No doubt she will be back when she feels ready.”

    • Joseph Gamp

      Queen told to rest 'for at least two weeks' by doctors

      THE Queen is under strict orders to rest "for at least the next two weeks" – but hopes to still make the Remembrance Sunday service.

      Buckingham Palace announced Her Majesty will only be undertaking "light, desk-based duties" as she gets on the mend.

      It means the Queen will unfortunately miss the Festival of Remembrance on November 13 – but it is her "firm intention" to attend the Remembrance Sunday service the following day.

      She will host some "virtual audiences" but not undertake any official visits as her doctors imposed strict orders to rest, the Palace said.

    • Joseph Gamp

      The Crown’s ‘keystone moment’

      According to reports, the fifth series of Netflix drama The Crown will dramatise the headline-making 1995 Panorama interview with Diana, Princess of Wales.

      That interview, conducted by then-BBC journalist Martin Bashir, made global headlines as the princess spoke openly about her marriage to the Prince of Wales, famously telling Bashir “there were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit crowded”.

      An insider said: “The Crown’s creators see the interview as the keystone moment in series five.

      “To the writers, the stormy marriage between Charles and Di led up to her outpouring on Panorama, and the aftermath of that decision defined her final months.

      “They are making a huge investment in that. The Crown has a track record of delving into areas of the Royal Family’s history they’d rather be left alone.”

    • Joseph Gamp

      Queen's Jubilee under threat 'by two ferocious pr storms'

      The Queen's Platinum Jubilee is under threat from two HUGE PR storms as Prince Andrew's lawsuit & Harry's book could "explode" during the celebrations.

      Prince Andrew's sexual assault lawsuit is predicted 'to go well into next year", when Her Majesty celebrates 70 years on the throne.

      The national celebration weekend could also be overshadowed by any potential bombshell revelations from Prince Harry's explosive memoirs – with the two threatening to overshadow the Queen's milestone.

      Speaking to Express.co.uk, Royal writer Daniela Elser warned: “There are two ferocious PR storms on the horizon. Key dates for the Prince Andrew case, as it wends its way through the American legal system, are now set down for May, June and July next year, smack bang right when his mother will be celebrating her Platinum Jubilee.”

      “Then there’s Harry’s memoir, which is set for release sometime in 2022. What the Sussexes’ Oprah revelations and Harry’s subsequent interviews have demonstrated is that the royal is yet to truly plum the depths of his reservoir of hurt and anger when it comes to his family.”

      “The possibility that his book will condemn the royal family and the monarchy even more than we have seen thus far looms large.”

    • Joseph Gamp

      Pinching ‘female backsides’

      Royal Author, Robert Lacey, claims William also went through a phase of pinching “female backsides”, starting with his mum Princess Diana, and later some “maids at Kensington Palace and Highgrove.”

      The royal expert said the Queen was “not amused” by her grandson’s cheeky behaviour, particularly when Prince Harry grew old enough to join in. 

    • Joseph Gamp

      Royal news round up: The latest

      • Prince William was known as His Naughtiness when he was little and would stick his tongue out at people.
      • Meghan Markle gives touching nod to Princess Diana while promoting children’s book from LA mansion.
      • Plus Prince William learned you ‘don’t mess with grandma’ following wedding ‘clash’ with The Queen.

      When did Harry meet Meghan?

      According to the biography Finding Freedom, the couple's first date was at Soho’s Dean Street Townhouse in 2016.

      Royal biographers Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand say the pair were “in their own little world” as they traded talk about making “change for good”, while sitting on plush “velvet club chairs”.

      “‘Almost immediately they were obsessed with each other,’ a friend told the authors. ‘It was as if Harry was in a trance.'"

      The couple tied the knot in Windsor in May 2018 before quitting the Royal Family in January 2020 and moving to the exclusive Californian neighbourhood of Montecito.

      Harry was ‘very angry’ and ‘didn’t know which way to turn’

      PRINCE Harry was "very angry" and "didn't know which way to turn" before he met Meghan Markle, a royal expert has claimed.

      Appearing on Podcast Royal, biographer Andrew Morton argued that the Duke of Sussex was drifting through life and "without compass" for years.

      The expert said: "Prince Harry was a very angry young man and he was taking on the world, he was taking on paparazzi photographers particularly.

      "He was stumbling out of bars dishevelled and worse the wear for drink and he didn't seem to have a compass."

      Describing how the dad-of-two "didn't know which way to turn", Andrew continued: "He was struggling to find himself and struggling with the loss of his mother, struggling to come to terms with it and as a young man, he wasn't always the popular Harry of popular imagination."

      That said, Andrew claimed the Duke found a "cause in life" when he launched the Invictus Games for wounded servicemen and women in 2014.

      • Milica Cosic

        Explained: How did Prince Harry and Meghan Markle meet?

        rince Harry and Meghan Markle began dating in July 2016, according to news agency Reuters.

        The BBC reports that after just two dates, the "already-smitten royal" decided to whisk the American actress off to Botswana – a country which has placed a central role in their fairytale romance.

        The pair enjoyed five nights camping under the African stars, and Prince Harry later told the broadcaster he believed the "stars were aligned" when he met her.

        During an interview with the BBC, prior to their wedding, they declined to name of a mutual friend who introduced them in July 2016.

        It's not clear how or when precisely Harry and Meghan first met but it's thought the couple may have been introduced by Soho House director Markus Anderson at the Invictus Games.

        Read more here.

      • Milica Cosic

        Meghan praises 'extra special' illustrations by award-winning artist in her book

        Meghan Markle read her new kids' book 'The Bench this week, and took to praise the artist who did the "beautiful and ethereal watercolour" illustrations.

        Meghan said previously: "Christian layered in beautiful and ethereal watercolour illustrations that capture the warmth, joy and comfort of the relationship between fathers and sons from all walks of life.

        "This representation was particularly important to me and Christian and I worked closely to depict this special bond through an inclusive lens.

        "My hope is that The Bench resonates with every family, no matter the make up, as much as it does with me."

        The book – Meghan's first – was published in June this year days after the birth of her second child, Lilibet Diana.

      • Milica Cosic

        Royals new from today you don't want to miss out on

        • Meghan Markle mocked by Aussie TV hosts over ‘The Bench’ reading 
        • The Queen ‘hopes to return to horse riding’ by spring after resting, royal source says
        • Prince Harry was ‘very angry’ and ‘didn’t know which way to turn’ before meeting Meghan Markle, expert claims

        Princess Eugenie's pride for her 'mumma'

        PRINCESS EUGENIE described the immense pride she feels for her mother, Sarah Ferguson, after the Duchess of York achieved a major victory.

        Eugenie, 31, took to her Instagram account to pay tribute to her mother Sarah, 62, following the success of a petition she had backed..

        The princess shared on Instagram Stories a post penned by Fergie.

        Eugenie shared her mother's enthusiasm by adding to the post a clapping gif, with the words: "Well done Mumma."

        A ‘landmark moment’ for Camilla

        Royal expert Russell Myers has claimed that the Duchess of Cornwall had a "landmark moment" in the Royal Family this week as she made an "incredibly powerful" speech.

        In a message on Wednesday evening, Camilla called for more action to tackle sexual violence against women.

        Speaking on the Pod Save the Queen podcast, the Daily Mirror’s royal editor Russell Myers said: “It's an absolutely incredibly powerful speech.

        “The Duchess of Cornwall, I think this is a landmark moment for her really."

        No slowing down

        Experts have said that the Queen will likely find the change of pace difficult.

        Richard Fitzwilliams told The Sun: “She knows people want to see her, she knows certain events are particularly important, and if she can possibly make it in person, she will.

        “It’s more or less inevitable that there’ll be a very, very careful rethink now.

        “However, she truly hates letting anyone down.”

        • Milica Cosic

          Is anyone listening?

          Meghan Markle's bid to get paid family leave in the US has failed after Joe Biden dropped it from his $1.75trillion (£1.27trillion) spending plan.

          The Duchess of Sussex wrote to members of the US Congress and Senate earlier this month calling for paid leave for new parents.

          However it emerged today (Thursday 29) that US President Mr Biden has not included paid family leave in his scaled-back spending plan in an attempt to push it through Congress.

        • Milica Cosic

          The Queen's ‘great sadness’

          It was reported earlier this year that the Queen has felt great “sadness” that she so rarely sees her great-grandchildren.

          Ingrid Seward, editor-in-chief of Majesty magazine, said before Lilibet’s birth: “She has barely seen Archie since he was born, a source of sadness for her.”

          That may soon change. According to the source, Harry’s concern for the monarch may prompt a visit ahead of her Platinum Jubilee celebrations next year.

          “He felt helpless being 5,000 miles away in Montecito, and has been checking in non-stop with her,” they said.

        • Milica Cosic

          More royal news

          • Prince William was known as His Naughtiness when he was little and would stick his tongue out at people.
          • And Meghan Markle gives touching nod to Princess Diana while promoting children’s book from LA mansion.
          • Plus Prince William learned you ‘don’t mess with grandma’ following wedding ‘clash’ with The Queen.

          Meghan and Harry's first date

          According to the biography Finding Freedom, the couple's first date was at Soho’s Dean Street Townhouse in 2016.

          Royal biographers Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand say the pair were “in their own little world” as they traded talk about making “change for good”, while sitting on plush “velvet club chairs”.

          “‘Almost immediately they were obsessed with each other,’ a friend told the authors. ‘It was as if Harry was in a trance.'"

          The couple tied the knot in Windsor in May 2018 before quitting the Royal Family in January 2020 and moving to the exclusive Californian neighbourhood of Montecito.

            Source: Read Full Article