It was biscuit week on yesterday’s episode of The Great British Bake Off, which meant the tent was full of the tantalising sounds of snapping and crunching.
One of the best things about Bake Off is that it inspires people up and down the nation to get baking along with the contestants.
Baking can be good for your mental health, and sharing our bakes with those we love can be a joy – whether they’re two or four-legged.
If you, like many of us, have been bolstered to try your hand at making biscuits, why give these dog-friendly recipes a try?
Dog-friendly Jammie Dodgers
- 90g rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 1 – 2 strawberries
- Pinch of cinnamon
- A little water if needed
Spinach and bacon biscuits
50g cooked spinach (frozen is fine)
50g lean bacon, diced
135g rice flour (coconut or wholemeal flour also work well)
Good boy beetroot and cheese bone biscuits
- 150g cooked beetroot, sliced
- 275g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200g dairy-free margarine
- 200g dairy-free cheddar-style cheese, grated
- A bone-shaped cookie cutter
Apple, cranberry and peanut butter oat cookies
- 165g coconut flour, plus extra for dusting
- 40g porridge oats
- 25g desiccated coconut
- 40g dried cranberries, chopped
- 40g dried apple, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 4 heaped tbsp xylitol-free peanut butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Bone-shaped cookie cutters
Credit: Tails.com/The Happy Dog Cookbook
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article