The weather is warm, the summer is on horizon, and it’s nearly the weekend.
If you’re planning to spend this spell of glorious climes sipping a delicious drink, you’ve come to the right place.
A margarita is a classic tipple, but you can give it a seasonal twist with watermelon.
One watermelon marg recipe posted to TikTok by foodie Salty Cocina has been watched over 300,000 times, with hundreds of comments praising the refreshing beverage.
Watermelon is one of the flavours of the moment. Malibu is launching a watermelon version of its coconut rum, and the latest TikTok sensation is slices of the fruit with hot dog mustard.
If you like yours sans condiments, we have a recipe form The Bottle Club inspired by Salty Cocina.
With Salty Cocina’s recipe in mind, The Bottle Club has created a watermelon margarita that’s easy to make and guaranteed to wow your guests.
#margaritas #watermelonsugar #learnontiktok #summer #drinksidea #easyrecipe #tiktokcreators #tequilachallenge
Here’s how to make it:
- 320g seedless watermelon, rind removed and cubed
- 50ml lime juice
- 170ml Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila (recommended by The Bottle Club)
- 50ml Orange juice
- As much ice as you fancy
- Freeze the watermelon chunks for at least 2 hours (optional but makes it even more refreshing)
- Combine all the ingredients in a high powered blender and pulse until fully combined and smooth. Add more ice if needed to get the consistency you like.
- Pour into salt or sugar-rimmed glasses and garnish with a lime wedge.
- Sip and enjoy!
Recipe provided by The Bottle Club.
Do you have a story you’d like to share?
Get in touch at [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article