Mum’s heartache as daughter collapses and dies after taking monkey dust drug

A mother has spoken of her heartache after her daughter collapsed and died after taking synthetic drug monkey dust at a friend's house.

Samantha Harrison, 30, was found to have benzodiazepine, methadone, and monkey dust in her system – a drug that causes hallucinations and paranoia.

After falling ill at a house in Bentilee, Stoke on Trent, on January 20, she was rushed to the Royal Stoke University Hospital before passing away later that day.

Staffordshire Police launched an investigation after finding drug paraphernalia – including a bong – surrounding Samantha’s body.

A toxicology report found Samantha, from Blurton, had a mixture of drugs in her system.

Now mum Carol Otter has paid tribute to her daughter and told how relatives tried to convince her to leave drug-use behind.

She said: “Sam came from a loving family and was a well-educated girl with the world at her feet and I loved her so much.

“I was disappointed in her friends and the path she took but we did everything we could to show her they could not love her like we did.

“Losing a child is the hardest thing and I would not wish that on anyone.”

The inquest heard Samantha and her husband had recently been evicted and were staying at a friend’s house at the time of her death.


Source: Read Full Article