IF you missed out on a family holiday this summer due to all the travel restrictions, it’s not too late to find the heat this October half-term.
A price drop on package holidays to destinations such as Cyprus and the Canaries, which stay hot well into autumn, means you could bag a bargain with many tour operators wooing customers back with deep discounts.
If you click on a link in this story we will earn affiliate revenue.
Still enjoying the southern European sunshine, Cyprus is a great option for an autumn beach holiday with accommodation ranging from private villas to waterfront all-inclusives.
Tour operators TUI, Jet2 Holidays, Thomas Cook and easyJet Holidays are competing to offer the best prices to pretty resorts such as Pathos in Cyprus with half-board holidays from £1,352 for a family of four.
Blessed with a similar climate to Cyprus, a visit to the southern Greek isles in October can feel like the seasons have rolled backwards too.
A week’s break on a sandy beach in Zante is from £993 for a family of four in half term, where you can visit the famous Smugglers Cove often seen in photos.
Winter sun favourite the Canary Islands is a sure thing for sunshine in October too – sun worshippers should head to Fuerteventura's southern resort of Jandia, with beaches that easily rival the Caribbean and affordable holidays starting from £844 for a family of four.
Family-focused resort towns such as Playa Blanca in neighbouring Lanzarote are equally ideal for a beach holiday.
Deals to the volcanic island include seven nights staying at the self-catering Apartments The Morromar from £1,344 for a family of four during half term.
Although school holiday dates can vary, most kids will be off school from 25 October until 29 October offering the perfect opportunity to reclaim your summer break.
Here’s a roundup of the hottest half term holiday deals from top tour operators:
- Fuerteventura, 7 nights from £1,452 for a family of 4
- Turkey, 7 nights from £852 for a family of 4
- Turkey all-inclusive Pegasos World, 7 nights from £1,999 for a family of 4
- Lanzarote Apartments The Morromar, 7 nights from £1,344 for a family of 4
- Corfu Blue Princess Beach Hotel & Suites, 7 nights all-inclusive from £1,065 for a family of 4
- Zante Letsos, self-catering, 7 nights from £993 for a family of 4
- Cyprus Ascos Coral Beach, half-board, 7 nights from £1,352 for a family of 4
- Fuerteventura Globales Costa Tropical apartments, 7 nights from £844 for a family of 4
- Tenerife Las Piramides apartments, 7 nights from £844 for a family of 4
- Fuerteventura Elba Castillo Antigua Apthotel, half-board 7 nights from £1585 for a family of 4
- Tenerife GF Fanabe Hotel, 7 nights from £1693 for a family of 4
This article and featured products have been independently chosen by Sun journalists. It contains links which are ads, and if you click a link and buy a product we will earn revenue.
Source: Read Full Article