FAMILIES who haven't yet booked a summer break should look a little further ahead to find a holiday without splashing the cash.
Though many UK spots have been selling out, there are still breaks to be found in the late summer period from just £71 per stay.
If you click on a link in this story we will earn affiliate revenue.
Domestic trips are proving even more popular than last year, as many Brits are still uncertain about travelling abroad.
Luckily the UK has been blessed with hot weather in recent week and if the weather continues, a staycation later in the summer will still be a great option for a family holiday.
We've found breaks at holiday parks and holiday home rentals from late summer into early autumn.
Some of the best deals are:
- Parkdean Thorness Bay (October 18) – from £119
- Parkdean St Margarets Bay (October 18) – from £119
- Parkdean Lower Hyde (October 11) – from £129
- Parkdean Romney Sands (September 20) – from £159
- Parkdean St Margarets Bay (October 15) – from £139
- Parkdean Landguard (September 13) – from £229
- Parkdean Nodes Point (September 17) – from £269
- Parkdean Romney Sands (September 3) – from £209
- Haven Holidays – find here
The Orchards, Essex, 4-nights from £71
Combe Haven, Essex, 4-nights from £111
Hopton, Norfolk, 4-nights from £148
Hafan y Mar, Wales, 3-nights from £188
Seaview, Dorset, 3-nights from £194
Riviera Sands, Cornwall, 3-nights from £219
- Park Holidays September breaks – from £179
- Hoseasons 3-night September breaks – from £169
- Away Resorts Isle of Wight breaks – from £188
- Shorefield Holidays September breaks – from £260
- Snaptrip rentals holiday homes, lodges and cottages near the beach in September- from £299
- VRBO September breaks – from £179
- Sykes Cottages September breaks – from £247
Brits have been busy booking up summer hols in popular south-west destinations like Cornwall and Devon, leading to a shortage of properties and rising prices.
There's still availability in these tourist hotspots though, if you look a little later in the season.
Both Haven and Park Holidays have breaks in Cornwall and Devon, while Snaptrip have a variety of rentals near the beach in September.
A break in Essex for four nights in September is the biggest bargain, at just £71 per stay.
This week’s best UK travel deals
- Last minute UK July holidays for the heatwave
- Away Resorts open new Lincolnshire park
- Best London theatre breaks from £139pp
- Late July holidays in the UK from £99 per stay
- Parkdean Resorts have autumn breaks from £99
- Best UK weekend and midweek breaks over the school holidays
If you're looking for more staycation inspiration, we've found the best UK holiday parks with children’s entertainment and the best holiday parks with outdoor pools.
There are also great UK coach trips for families and campsites with availability for summer.
Alternatively, we've found holiday park party weekenders, cheap staycation breaks with hot tubs and treehouse stays.
This article and any featured products have been independently chosen by The Sun journalists. All recommendations within the article are informed by expert editorial opinion. If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.
Source: Read Full Article